Wednesday 13 November 2013

Boots Haul; Essie, Revlon and Soap and Glory

The other day I was in a bit of  a funk. You know one of those moods when you can't be bothered leaving the house and you just want to stay to stay in your pajamas all day. To cheer myself up a bit I decide go onto Boots Online to get some Sally Hansen Insta Dry top coat, a saviour if you're like me and have zero patience to wait for your nails to fully dry. I swear to God that was all I intended to get but then I saw it was 3 for 2 on all cosmetics and nail items and it would have just been rude not to get a couple more things. And well yeah, this happened.


Left to right, top to bottom
Essie Sew Psyched, Thigh High, Sally Hansen Insta Dry
Essie Beach Bum Blu, Stylenomics 
Soap And Glory Lid Stuff in Off The Wallflowers
Eevlon Jest Bitten Kissable in Crush Begun (#005)
Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee (#095)
Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple (#035)


Sorry for the really bad photo, it's getting dark so early these days that I can never get the light right. It looks like a lot but three of these were free and I paid for two of them with my advantage points. I always collect up a load of points and forget to spend them so decided to just blow them on a couple of new nail varnishes.

Let's look at the nail varnishes first, I love Essie and dare I say it prefer their polishes to O.P.I. however they are mightly expensive but I decided a little splurge never hurt anyone. Ended up with four polishes



I realise it looks like a five year old did these nails but it was actually me. I quickly did a colour on each nail before heading out to work so ignore the smudges, 
Because I bought these online some of the colours weren't what I was expecting. I thought Beach Bum Blu was a matte but it actually is quite sparkly and I'm not really that keen on it to be honest. Might be in nice in the summer on my toes
I thought Thigh High was a darker red but it's quite bright on but hopefully with a second coat it might go darker. I do like it though, it's a good winter colour.
You can't tell from the photo but Stylenomics is actually a very, very dark green. It looks almost black on the nail but I quite like it, again great winter colour.
My favourite has to to be Sew Psyched, it's a lovely sage green colour. I haven't seen this colour before and I immediately flel in love with it and put it on all my nails. Each nail varnish was £7.99

Next I decided I want three new lip colours for winter. A nude, a red and a berry colour. I've heard a lot of really good things about Revlon Lip Butters so decided to have a wee look and settled on these. All three were £7.99 each




The top one is a lip crayon from the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable range and I love, love, love it! It's so nourishing, in fact all three of theses are really soft and do not dry out your lips at all. It is a gorgeous dark plum colour and exactly the shade I was looking for. I haven't really worn this properly so I'm not too sure how long lasting it is but I just think it's great.

The next is a glossy light red colour. Quite pleased because all my red lipsticks are quite dark like the Kate Moss for Rimmel 007, so I'm glad to have a red that I can wear during the day with a casual outfit. Again lovely and moisturising and smooth to put on.

Lastly is a lovely, glossy nude. I'm very particular about nude lipstick, too sheer and it just looks like a lip gloss, too pigmented ad it looks like I've just rubbed foundation all over my lips. This lipstick strikes the perfect balance between both, it is quite glossy but the nude colour shines through and it's just nice for a quick natural make up look.

All in all very impressed, highly recommend Revlon lippy's to everyone!


Lastly I bought this Soap and Glory eyeshadow pallette in All in the Wallflowers. Not too sure why...I was thinking that all my eyeshadows are either browns and nudes or blacks and greys. I use my Urban decay Naked pallette to death so thought I should spice things up with some coloured shades. This was £10, I actually thought that was kind of expensive but was in a spending frenzy and got it anyway.



The colours included are Sugar Violet a matte lavender colour, Minky a sparkly champange colour, Dandy Plum a lovely deep mauve and Wild Blue a sparkly teal like colour. To be honest I opened and wasn't too sure where to start. I will attempt to do an eye of the day with the pallette when I get some inspiration. The colours are really nice (apart from Sugar Violet, not too sure about that to be honest) and they are really pigmented so may worth the tenner after all.

Hope you enjoyed this little haul, I'm off to live under a stone for the rest of the month as I am now broke.

Byyyeee
S x

No comments:

Post a Comment