Saturday 2 November 2013

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is coming and the goose is getting fat
Would you please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny
A h'penny will do
If you haven't got a h'penny
God bless you

Aww I used to love Halloween when I was younger, getting dressed up  and free sweeties what wasn't to love?! Even these days I have a wee soft spot for Halloween. The fireworks, the crisp Autumn weather, the feeling that you can be in pajamas, snuggled up on the sofa by 5pm and not feel bad because it's already dark outside. 

In my student days I used to always go to Halloween parties and loved fancy dress. I think my favourite Halloween party was one my friend Maeve had in London. Some friends and I went over to visit her and just had a blast. 



But now I'm getting old. The though of putting on some skimpy outfit I won't feel comfortable in and going to a busy bar surrounded by drunk people does not appeal at all. So this year the momma bear and I decided to have a chilled out Halloween. We went on a Jail of Horror experience at the Crumlin Road Jail in Belfast, a disused prison where you have to walk through the corridors past old cells while actors in scary costumes jumped out at you. I was terrified, at one point I used my mum as a human shield against a mad man welding a chain saw. Before we went in the tour guide had to ask all not to punch any of the actors out of fear, just to remember it wasn't real. Only in Belfast would you get a warning like that!

Crumlin Road Jail

After that we had dinner in the Potted Hen in St Anne's Square. Oh it was scrummy, and only 17.95 for three courses before 6.45. Spot on! After which we treated ourself to a cheese board and some goodies from Asda and are now snuggled up watching the Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh.


Not a lick of facepaint in sight although I did a quick smoky eye I was quite proud of using Urban Decay Gunmetal and Creep.


So whatever you are doing on this fair All Hallow's Eve I hope you are enjoying yourselves.

Stay spooky

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment