Friday 8 November 2013

Love me Beauty- October Box review

I recently made the decision to sign up for a monthly beauty box. I know, I know very late to the party. Beauty boxes have been around for a few years and remember when I was student I really wanted to sign up the Glossy Boxes but I could barely afford to pay my rent at the time so it wasn't the ideal time to be throwing my money away.
I then just forgot all about beauty boxes until the other day when they randomly just popped into my head. So I did a little research on the different kinds and companies that do them and settled upon Love Me Beauty. The thing that appealed to me about these boxe, as opposed to others, was the fact you get a choice of three boxes and you know what you're going to get. I know some people like the surprise of not knowing but there's a lot of products out there I wouldn't really be interested in so I might as well ensure I'm getting at least one thing in the box I'd actually use. The box offers at least two full size products and three sample sized items. I took out a three month subscription which cost around £30 plus post and packaging. Three days later my first box arrived!



I was a little underwhelmed when it first arrived I thought it would be bigger. And I also kind of thought it would be like gift wrapped or something. I don't know why I just did! But luckily when I opened the box I was more impressed.




It was sooo pretty. I ripped it open and immediately starting smelling everything. Why is it the first thing I do with any new product is smell it? I even had a wee sniff of the eyeliner...I'm a weirdo.

It had a wee menu giving details about all the different products. I was excited I just wanted to run a bath and try them out. So what did I get? I hear you all ask!


Amie Skincare Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask x 2 RRP £1.50

I slapped this on my face immediately I love a good face mask. The texture was really thick and smooth and one sachet covered my face completely. The smell was amazing, really limey. I love the smell of limes so that's probably why I loved it. I accidently left this on my face for ages because I got distracted while waiting for my bath to fill but when I eventually washed it off my skin was really soft. A day later and it still feels pretty good. I would definitely consider buying this again for £1.50 you can't really go wrong


Balm Balm Balance Bath and Shower RRP £6 (Full size)

This is tiny I have to say. It's only 5ml so I assumed it was a sample but apparently this is full sized! I'm not a big fan of bath oils I prefer a good bubble bath. But it smelled nice enough I suppose but there is no way I would £6 for such a tiny thing that only lasted for two baths.


Weleda MILLET Nourishing Shampoo RRP £8.95 (Sample size)

Sorry for the terrible photo, I took the pictures really quickly then rush off to try out all my new products so by the time I realise this photo was awful I'd already used the shampoo. The shampoo was alright. I mean shampoo is shampoo it cleans your hair. I usually just buy whatever they have in Poundland or on offer. I'm usually more fussy about my conditioner than my shampoo. But this shampoo is grand and my hair felt softer afterwards. Porbably wouldn't buy it again though.


Lord and Berry Smudge Proof Eyeliner RRP £7.50 (Full Size)

Got to be honest I haven't used this yet. I've been working loads this week and I never wear make up in work so this has just been sitting on my make up table Right hang on I'll go and stick some on. 

Just put it on, it's a grey colour and did take a couple of layers to make it look good. The colour is #719 Smoke. I don't have a grey eyeliner, in fact all my eyeliners are black so it's good to have a different colour. I'm not overly sure about this product, it didn't go on smoothly they way I like my eyeliners to but maybe once I've used it a couple of times it will blunt a little and be easier to apply.


Anatomicals Body Scrub RRP £3.50 (Full size)

I love a good body scrub, I'm forever trying out new ones and the mean reason I chose this box was because it had a body scrub in it. I quite like this, it smells nice and fresh, like grapefruit. It lathers up well into a good foam and it did left my skin soft. It's quite cheap too which is always a bonus. But wouldn't buy it again, not because it's no good but because I very rarely buy the same scrub twice there's just too many choices out there.

That's the October box and I've already put my order in for the November one. It looks quite good, a couple more make up items which are my favourites!

Hope this was helpful for anyone considering signing up for a beauty box.

Love

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment