Monday 29 April 2013

May I? May wishlist

Now that I am no longer a penniless student I have been browsing online to see if there's anything I really want to buy with my first paycheck. I've decided to make a little wishlist of all the things I want to buy this month but probably won't.



1. Movie quote prints/ £20/ available at http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CONCEPCIONSTUDIOS?ref=pr_shop_more.

I adore the movie Almost Famous staring Kate Hudson so I decided to go on Etsy to see if there were any movie posters available and stumbled across these three prints. The quotes are 'It's all happening'(Almost Famous), 'Damn the man, save the Empire' (Empire Records) and 'Nobody puts Baby in the corner' (Dirty Dancing).
 I also love Empire Records, not overly keen on Dirty Dancing but I think these prints are so cool. They would look really nice on a picture frame feature wall. Seeing as I still live with my mum that's not going to happen anytime soon but I am tempted to buy them and store them away until I get my own place. As far as I can see the frames aren't included but that's alright because they would just add to the shipping costs.

2. DERMAdoctor KP Duty dermatologist body scrub 360g/  £29.75/ Available on amazon.co.uk

For as long as I can remember I have had the skin condition Keratosis pilaris which means I have rather unslightly red bumps all over the top of my arms and legs*. It's perfectly benign just not very pleasant looking. For years I didn't realise this was a conditon and just assumed I didn't exfoliate enough but after some research online I discovered that it's quite common. There are forums dedicated to this where people can recommend products they have found useful. One product that came up again and again in positive reviews was this body scrub. Yes it is pretty pricey but now that we are coming into summer I long for the days I can wear cute t-shirts and sleeveless dresses without having to add a cardigan.


3. Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palette/ £36/ Available at urbandecay.co.uk

I realise I am very late off the bandwagon with this one. Years of having no money meant that all my eyeshadows were cheap 'drug store' brands. I have coveted this palette for ages now. I love every single colour and it's perfect for day and night. I really think I might splurge on this as soon as I get paid.

4. Oasis Rose Gold bracelet watch/ £40/ Available on Asos.com 

I spied a similar watch to this while watching Made in Chelsea. I think Millie Macintosh was wearing it. 
Now I assume hers was hundred of pounds but there no way I  would spend more then forty pounds on a watch. I lose practically every piece of jewellery I own so it would be silly to spend a lot of on money it. I have no statement watches but for some reason I just love this, it could really jazz up an outfit.

5. Samsung Galaxy Ace phone cover/ £1.99/ Available on amazon.co.uk

Now what about this for a wee bargain, eh? I recently lost my phone and had to get a new one off the insurance so I need a new cover. I love this shade of blue and polka dots so it is perfecto.

6. MAC cosmectics/ £20-£27/ available at Debenhams

Like with my eye shadows, my foundation is usually cheap, drug store brands. I have no favourite products and tend to just grab a bottle and hope for the best. I've decided as a wee treat I'm gonna go to the MAC counter at Debenhams and get my skin tone matched to a good foundation. I decided to go with MAC as I have heard so many good reviews. It is far more expensive than any make up I have ever owned so I hope it's worth it.


If I do end up buying any of these products I will be sure to do a review for you all. But usually what happens is I get paid, blow all my money and useless crap and end up broke for the rest of the month. But hopefully I purchase at least one of these things
Love
S x

*If you feel you might have Keratosis pilaris  here's a couple of links you might want to have a nosy at












No comments:

Post a Comment