Sunday 30 June 2013

Music to my ears #2

1. Royksopp: What Else Is There?


Someone posted this on my Facebook news feed this week. I remember seeing this video late at night on MTV2 a few years ago and being absolutely entranced. It was not the style of music I usually liked, the video was weird and I'd never heard of Royksopp before. I listened to this song for weeks and then promptly forgot it until now. 
I love rediscovering old, forgotten songs and this is definitely going back on my iPod.

2. Chris Malinchak: So Good To Me




Finally a song from the Top 40 in my list. I just think this song is great. It's so chilled, for some reason it reminds me of being on holiday, and the lyrics are really uplifting. It's a funky little love song that I can't get out of my head.

3. The Avalanches: Frontier Psychiatrist


Another oldie but a goodie. This song reminds me of being on placement in Romania. A couple of friends and I found this cool little cocktail bar on a boat and this song came on. It brings back some good memories.
Although this video absolutely absolutely terrified me when I was younger. Even now as grown woman it still give me the willies. It's just so trippy and random!


4. Song of the Lonely Mountain- Neil Finn



I've been having a bit of a Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit binge at the minute. Listening to this song makes me want to get my sword and defeat a dragon!


5. Joni Mitchell: Case of You


Joni Mitchell is a goddess, that is a fact. The first time I heard this song was through the film Practical Magic. Intrigued I looked up the singer, listened to a few of her songs and that was it. I was hooked! Her album Blue is one of the few albums I can listen to over and over again without getting bored of. The emotion of Little Green, the whimsy of Carey and the quiet despair of River are song which are etched on my heart forever. But if I were forced to choose just of her songs to listen to forevermore it would be Case of You. This is the song that first introduced to me Joni Mitchell and is therefore irreplaceable in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment