Sunday 23 June 2013

Music to my ears #1

Do you ever get just a wee bit obsessed with songs? Like you find a song you really like so listen to it over and over and over again? Then after a while you end up completely sickening yourself to the song and pretty much never want to hear it ever again? Yup me too!

This is hopefully the first of a weekly occurring post about the songs I've been obsessing over this week. There is absolutely no reasoning behind these song choices. They might not be cool or current but they have been my head all week.

1.Florence Welch and Dev Hynes: I Love It (Cover)


I really liked the original version of this song. Last week when I was out with Jenna we had a wee mini disco on the way home listening to this song. But add in a bitta Florence and you've struck gold.
With her sultry voice you could be forgiven for thinking this song has a lot more lyrical substance than it actually does.


2. Ed Sheeran: Wish You Were Here(Cover)


Every once in a while I'll be getting along with my life then I'll suddenly get a random line from a song stuck in my head. I then spend the rest of the day racking my brain trying to remember what song it is from until I'm able to go and look it up online.
This happened to me the other day. I think the line was 'So you think you can tell, heaven from hell?' so off I toddled to Youtube and stumbled upon the Ed Sheeran version of this song. I must have been the only person not to have watched the Olympic closing ceremony because this was the first time I'd heard it.
While I love the Pink Floyd version I think this is a pretty great cover, what do you think?

3. Taylor Swift ft Ed Sheeran: Everything Has Changed


Yes I admit it, I am a Taylor Swift fan! I only have one of her albums, Red, but I really like most of the songs on it. They're catchy and cute. I think she gets a serious amount of grief because of her very public love life and most people overlook the fact she's a pretty decent song writer. Also how cute is this video? And this is the second song Ed features in on the list. What can I say? I love the ginge!

4. Passion Pit: Carried Away


I'd never heard of Passion Pit before but I follow quite a few Sophia Bush blogs on Tumblr so when this video popped up I had to watch just out of curiosity and I ended up really liking the song. The video is amazing, it's honestly like a mini movie. Is it weird it kinda makes me want to be a relationship? And the outfits Sophia wears in this are gorgeous, I'm having serious envy.
After watching the video about a thousand times I decided to download Passion Pit's album Gossamer, I've only listened to it once though. I can't wait to get my car back from the mechanics so I can properly blast it out!

So what do you think of this week's picks? What's been tantalising your earbuds this week?

Love

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment