Monday 24 June 2013

We're all going on our summer holidays!

Well it's  not really a summer holiday, but I have just booked to go to Portugal at the end of September with three friends. It's odd, I've never been away on a proper girly holiday before so I am muchos excited. Cocktails by the pool, topping up my tan on the beach. Wine soaked dinners and nights out dancing. I could almost burst with anticipation.

Obviously I have spent all morning online looking up bikinis, I'll probably wait until the end of the summer because they'll all be on sale. But for now here are some of my favourites.



1. ASOS Mirror Tropical Print Plunge Halter Swimsuit/ £35

I think it's always good to have a proper one piece swimsuit while away on holiday. I always go to waterparks, I love them they're so much fun. But on more than one occassion I have been in the situation while flying down a slide that I go one way and my bikini top goes another. Cue me desperately covering up my jubblies while trying to quickly tie it back on again. The only problem with this swimsuit is I think it may give me some odd tan lines. And how do your boobies stay in? Do I need tit tape?!

2.Kelly Brook stripped bikini at New Look/ Top £16.99/ Bottoms £10.99
3. Kelly Brook Black Polka Dot Bikini at New Look/ Top £16.99/ Bottoms £10.99
4. Kelly Brook White Postcard Print Halterneck Swimsuit at New Look/£24.99

How good is the Kelly Brook range of swimwear from New Look? I think the retro designs and quirky patterns are gorgeous. I am completely in love with this halterneck swimsuit and might just have to buy it now rather than wait for the sale. But is it just me or are all these a little expensive? I remember being able to get a full bikini for a tenner now it costs that just for the bottoms! Then again it's been a long time since I've had an excuse to buy swimwear- damn inflation!

5. River Island Urban Chevron Bustier Bikini Top/ £16/ High Waisted Bottoms/ £12 

I'm not sure about this style of really high waisted bottoms. On one hand it could look quite classy and retro, on the other it could just look like you've worn your Bridget Jones knickers to the beach. I do like how this material look quite sturdy and structured. It will also over up my unfortunate muffin top. If this appears in the sales I may purchase it just to try it out.

6. ASOS Water Colour Floral Cupped Peplum Suit/ £35

How flipping gorgous is this swimsuit? Make it a little longer and I would wear it as a playsuit. I am serously considering getting this. Yes it's a little on the pricey side and it is so pretty I would never want to actually get it wet. But I think I'd be the best dressed sunbather in town!

7. Vero Moda France Bikini/ Bandeau Top £19/ Hipster Bottoms £12

We all know the best way to show off a tan is with a white bikini. I'm not sure how this bandeau top would hold up my D cups but it's cute, the little gold cut outs add a nice little touch.


So what's your favourite style of swimwear? Do you always stick to the same style or are you thinking of being a little more adventurous?

May all your holidays be whatever you dream off

Love 
S x





No comments:

Post a Comment