Friday 5 July 2013

Soap and Glory's No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask: Review

I've been noticing that the skin around my nose has been really bad recently. It's been staying out all night, drinking and I'm pretty sure it's started smoking. Ha- get it? Bad. Alright that was lame but in all honesty it has been so dry and flaky round my nostrils and the pores on my nose are huge. When I put make up on it it actually looks my skin is melting off my face. Attractive right?

I'm quite useless in regards to my skin, I have absolutely no skin care routine. I moisture a few times a week if my face feels dry and rarely remember to take my make up off at the end of the day. It's no wonder my skin is now dire.

Therefore I've decided it's time for a change, my skin deserves better. It's put up with a lot over the years and it's now time for  it to get a little loving. I'm going to try and start a proper skin care routine. Usually I just buy whatever products are on offer in Boots without even looking to see if they're suitable for my skin type but I think I shall begin to research properly and invest in some good, high quality products. My face has earned it!

Now this product I must admit I did not research. I was in Boots looking for Scrub Your Nose In It, a face exfoliator but couldn't find and stumbled across this little beauty.



This is Soap and Glory's No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask- phew bit of a mouthful! I adore Soap and Glory products but I've never tried any of their facial skin care range. There was just something about this that I was immediately drawn to. Soap and Glory's packaging is always gorgeous. But the fact the box stated that it heats up AND changes colour really appeal to me. I am complete sucker for a gimmick.

The lotion it's self is quite an odd texture, almost gritty and it looks a little like tooth paste. To be honest I was disappointed, I wanted something really exflolating, like sand paper to get rid of all the flakes around my nose. But I perserved on, and boy was I glad I did!


According to the box you have to apply the scrub to your face with dry fingers then rub in with wet hands and scrub, scrub, scrub away. The more you scrub the bluer the lotion should become. Well mine barely changed colour at all but I immediately noticed the heat. It was really pleasant actually. I've tried hot masks before that made me feel like my face was on fire and made my skin really tight. But this was just a gentle heat, I don't know if it had any benefit for my skin but it was enjoyable. You can either rinse it off right away or leave it on your fce for a few minutes for a deeper cleanse.  I decided to leave mine while I pottered about getting ready for my bath. After about five minutes I wiped it off with the little sponge provide and holy guacamole! My skin was as soft as baby's backside! The dry skin was all gone and the pores on my nose were definitely smaller. Seriously all night I kept stroking my face like some kind of creep, it was just so soft!

I did notice that the spots on my face were a bit redder but the scrubs not designed to combat spots and they did die down after a while.

The second time I used it I didn't leave it on my face as long but it still made a noticeable different to how soft my skin was.

All in all I am so impressed and will defintely be using this a couple of times a weeks as part of my new and improved skin care regieme!

Any recommendations on what I should invest in next? What products can you live without?

Love

S x




No comments:

Post a Comment