Thursday 18 July 2013

The Graduate

So after three very long years, I finally graduated. Even though my course finished in February we didn't actually graduate until July. So by the time it came around all of my class were settled in jobs and it was really just an excuse for a good knees up.

I was very lucky in finding my graduation outfit. Me and my mum were in BHS randomly as my mum had some gift vouchers she had to use. I never ever shop in BHS, it always strikes me as a shop for the older lady. As I was pottering about I thought to myself I should keep an eye out for a graduation dress while we were in town when I noticed a nice, smart dress. I decided to try it on just to see if it was the style I was looking for. Well as soon as I put it on I knew it one for me. Smart, good cut, just about the knee. I knew I didn't want a dress that was too hoochy, or indeed too conservative and this dress was the perfect mix. I loved the colour and the little flair at the bottom stopped it from being too much like a boring, business dress.



Proud of myself I toddled off to pay £45 only to discover it was in the sale and was now only £12- get in! I love when that happens. I then got a pair of nude wedges from Barretts, also on sale for £20. These shoes are very pretty and I assumed they'd be super comfy as the heel was quite low. But holy moly they completely destroyed my feet. I still have blisters on toes! I was so disappointed as they really completed the outfit but I ended up having to change into a pair of flat pumps after the ceremony.



I accessorised with a necklace from Topshop, earrings from Dorthy Perkins and a nude bag from New Look. My dad got a lovely watch as a graduation gift which didn't really match my gold theme but had to wear as it's so cute.
I also took the plunge and bought myself the Urban Decay Naked palette.I know everyone has already got this but the price tag put me off. But I decided to treat myself as a wee graduation gift and since getting it I have used it almost everyday!



The family/ Last minute prep/ Momma B and me
After party in Filthy McNasty's/ Bottles of bubbly for a tenner
Rachel and Sophie- two of the close friends I made during my studies

Overall I had an amazing day and night. It was great getting it see all my class mates again but it was odd saying goodbye to some people knowing in all probability I may never see them again.

My time at university had it's ups and downs but overall it was a wonderful experience. If anyone is considering going to university I would highly recommend it, it can be a time of your life that truly shape who you are

Love 

S x





No comments:

Post a Comment