Tuesday 25 June 2013

C-c-c-cinnamon lips (AKA cinnamon buns)

I'm on the second day of my annual leave and I am bored out my mind! Don't get me wrong I have a thousand errands to do and my room looks like a bomb site. But I won't let those little things distract from my boredom so I decided to procrastinate by doing a little baking.

I have to say I never, ever bake. I am not a baker, it does not interest me. Just give me the finished cupcake I don't want to have to work for it. But I had a real craving for sometime sweet and cinnamon-y. A quick Google search brought up this recipe for quick 45 minute cinnamon buns. I substituted the cream cheese frosting for just regular old icing. Et viola


They are by no means perfect. In fact that big one at the bottom kinda looks like a big turd! But I am very proud of these. I baked these with my own fair hands, maybe I'll give up my job and open a cute little bakery. There'll be mismatch teacups and cool art on the wall. Everyone will know me and I'll have a romantic moment baking cakes with my hot waiter.... alright maybe I'm getting carried away myself.

Are any of you guys into baking? Any recipes to share? I still have two weeks off to fill so anything to fill my time.

Love

Sho x

No comments:

Post a Comment