Friday 21 June 2013

Welcome to my world

Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of me scrapping the barrel for things to post about. I really haven't been up to much recently and I keep forgetting to take photos for outfit of the day posts. So I have decided to give you a little peek in the place where I spend most of my time. My wonderful bedroom. I live with my mum and brother, when my brother went to university about eight years ago I quickly moved in and stole his room. He has since moved back but there is no way he is getting this room back I have made it my little haven.



This is my favourite place in the world, my bed! Yes I am a big lazy lump on my days off and I love nothing more than getting cosy and having a boxset marathon. My bed is my study, my reading nook, my dining table on occasion. This is where I am blogging from right now


This is my little bedside table, I hate it. It like waxed pine and really old fashioned looking. I would really love to sand it down and paint it white. Absolutely none of the furniture in my room matches and it's really beginning to annoy me. I'm taking two weeks annual leave soon and I think my new project is giving my whole room a revamp.
This pile of books is my current reading list. I'm forever starting books then not finishing them. The bottom one Chloe I don't think I'll ever finish, it's just not engaging me at all. How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran is a really interesting read and is making me think about my views on feminism and women's rights.But it's not a heavy read, it is actually really funny.


This is one of my favourite pieces in my room, my mum got me it for my birthday a few years ago. I think it was from Next. It's so handy just being able to throw my necklaces on there or else I'd be forever losing them. I just need to get something for my rings and earrings as I always misplace them.
I love accessorising outfits with a little bit of bling. If I'm wearing a plain outfit jewellery can really add a bit of ommph to it.


Every once in a while my mum and I get drunk on wine and make vision boards. This is my latest one, do I believe it works? Hmmm not too sure a lot of stuff I have on my vision board should happen anyway but it's nice to take time and really focus on what I would like in the future. As you can see there is nothing under my purpose heading. I really don't know what my purpose in life but for now I'm happy just focusing on getting my career and personal life in order before looking at the big picture.
Below you can also see my perfume collection. I really don't have too many I think I might invest in a couple of new ones. To be honest I always forget to put perfume on so it tends to just sit there for years.


I love to surround myself with pictures of my friends and family. Looking back at these always puts me in a good mood and reminds me of good times. These are all quite old now I really must get round to printing some more out.
The piece of paper at the back with my name on top is from my placement in Romania. I was there with 12 of my university friends and on the last night we all had to write a wee message for each other on how they made the trip special. It's a really nice idea and a lovely momento of an amazing time in my life.



Finally my wardrobe, it's quite cool and big. The only problem is there no drawers and storage is quite limited in my room. I put a wee Ikea bookcase in to put my t-shirts and jumpers on. I am forever clearing out my wardrobe. I always seem to have clothes I never wear or are too small now. I like to keep it as streamline as possible otherwise it gets far too crowd and the clothes get all squished.

As you can my room is hot pink and orange, at the time I thought this was amazing but now I'm a bit older I fancy sometime a big more elegant and calming. I'm planning on painting my room blue and cream and clearing out a load of the old furniture.

So this may not have been the most interesting post but it's a little insight into my life

Love 

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment