Monday 17 June 2013

Week one: DERMAdoctor KP duty scrub and moisturiser

As I have previously mentioned in this post I have the skin condition Keratosis pilaris (aka chicken skin). I've had this for as long as I can remember and it's never really annoyed me but within the past couple of years I've really begun to notice how different my skin is compared to my friends.
Yes it is quite a trivial thing but it does sometimes get me down when I have to cover my upper arms all the time and fake tan never looks right on my legs.


Nobody wants to see this in a vest top

I did a little bit of research and the products by DERMAdoctor were recommended again and again. I managed to find them on Amazon but they are pretty pricey. The moisturiser is £24.50 and the scrub is £29.75 not including postage costs. But I decided to bite the bullet and just go for it, I rarely buy products for my skin so a little splurge can't hurt. I recieved my package the other day and have to say I was impressed the size of the scrub. From the looks of it I can imagine it will last me a good few months.

Pound per pound probably costs more than pure gold

The mosituriser, on the other hand, is quite small. 120mls and I really don't think it will last more than a month. You're meant to apply it twice a day which means it could last even less. The scrub you have to apply on dry skin then rinse off twice a week.

So far I've used the scrub about three times and the lotion once a day for a week. This is how my skin looks now.

(Top) Lower arm, (Bottom) Shin, (Right) Upper arm.
Sorry for the rubbish pictures it's hard to take pictures of your own upper arm!

So there really hasn't been much improvement at all but I live in hope. My graduation is in a couple of weeks and I have a gorgeous capped sleeved dress I would love to be able to wear without a jacket.

Are there any other KP sufferers out there? Does anything work for you?

Love you all, no matter how your skin looks
S x




1 comment:

  1. As a fellow sufferer of kp I know how you feel, thanks for the review! Like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete