Wednesday 19 June 2013

Queen of Westros

Hello, my dears. Sorry for the long spell without posts. To be honest my life has been pretty boring at the minute so I've had nothing to write about.  This is just a quick post about a delightful evening I had with one of my good friends Jenna.

I am a huge fan of the HBO show Game of Thrones, a very basic outline is that there are several families within in the fictional land of Westros battling for the Iron Throne and the right to rule. There are dragons, beheddings, scary zombie things. Hot men, beautiful woman and political intrigue. The costumes are wonderful and the scenery is magnificent. A lot of it was shot in here in Northern Ireland so I love trying to figure out where certain scenes have been filmed.

In honour of this a Game of Thrones exhibition was held in the Titanic building in Belfast and my fabulous friend got us tickets. Even better was the fact tickets were free!

So I got my glad rags on and hurried down on a rainy Thursday evening to claim my rightful place on the Iron Throne.


(Top) I will take what is mine with fire and blood! (Left) Me with Cersei's costume, Lena Headley has a teeny, tiny waist (Middle) Champion archer at the Battle of Blackwater (Right) The beautiful Jenna


It took about thirty minutes to wander around the exhibit, it wasn't massive and if I had to pay for a ticket I probably would have been disappointed. But it was good fun and the best bit was getting pictures on the Iron Throne. I tried (and failed) at doing my best HBIC face but I definitely think I suit being there. Or maybe the power has just gone to my head.

Afterwards we went to The Galley restaurant for dinner. This is an adorable little bistro on the Belfast Barge down by the Waterfront The food is ah-maz-ing, I had a lovely goat's cheese salad with some homemade bread and Jenna had the club sandwich with chips. It's quite reasonably priced but the true selling point is the location. Floating on the Lagan it really shows off the beauty of Belfast.

Deep in thought while waiting for dinner


Of course no girls night out would be complete without cocktails so we hauled ourselves over to Alley Cat on Church Lane for their tea cup cocktails.




I highly recommend the Cup of Joe and Stray Dog, they are yummy. So that was my fun little night out. Sorry for the photo heavy post but I actually remembered to take pictures so I figured I might as well use them.


I hope you all have a better week than the Starks

Love
Sx

Websites of interest




No comments:

Post a Comment