Sunday 10 November 2013

Sights and Sounds: October

I used to do a regular post Music to My Ears where I shared some of the  music I was really into that month but I've decided to give it a little revamp to include any TV shows, movies or books I've particularly enjoyed each month. So even though it's the middle of November now practically I'm going have a little look back at some of my October favourites

Sights



Celeste and Jesse Forever

It's been a long since I've watched a movie and completely fallen in love with it. I think my attention span has gotten a lot worse as I've gotten older so I rarely have the patience to sit through an entire movie these days. There was just something about this movie that I really enjoyed. It's not your typical rom-com, it's very bittersweet and just more adult. Life isn't like the Hollywood romances we see in movies and this film really highlights this. And I love the line 'Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?' I think that's something I need to remind myself of more. Also the soundtrack is delightful. Please note this movie is called Celeste and Jesse Forever not Daphne and Celeste Forever as I keep saying to people (Bonus points to you if you get that!)


American Horror Story: Coven
(Warning: Creepy trailer not for the faint hearted)

I loved the first season of American Horror Story, it was genuinely so scary and creepy that I had to stop watching it late at night because it freaked me out so much. Then I just couldn't really get into the second season so stopped watching about half way through but when I heard this season was going to be focused on a coven of witches I just knew I would love it. Some of my favourite movies feature witches so I couldn't see how I wouldn't like this. It was also features the fabulous trio of Jessica Lange, Angela Basset and Kathy Bate, three supreme actresses who always bring their A game. I don't really want to give too much away about it in case I spoil it for some of you but basically it features a coven of witches at a special school in New Orleans. It has voodoo, black magic, some pretty dark moments but a lot of humour. It's definitely not as scary as the first season but thoroughly enjoyable. I recommend to all!

Sounds



First Aid Kit/ Wolf

This song was on a compilation album I got called Young Folks (Amazing album- get it!) At first I hated it, it was weird and I just didn't like. But the more I played it the more I started to love it, I got a little obsessed and played it over and over again. I haven't actually listened to any other songs by this band but I must go look them up because if they're all like this I think I will enjoy them every much.


Lorde/ Royals

I know, I know everyone is just creaming themselves over Lorde these days but she is very good! I like this song it's catchy and very sing alongable (made up a new word there, spread it round)

So there you go a little insight into my obsessions this month. What are you enjoying this month? Hit up the comments and let me know

Love

S x



No comments:

Post a Comment