Wednesday 26 March 2014

Blow Out Queen: Babyliss Big Hair Rotating Styler review

About a month ago I went into the Blow Dry Bar on the Ormeau Road just to get a quick touch up on my colour and a trim. That is all I intended to do, I let the stylist talk me into getting my hair a few shades lighter and settled in to read my Grazia. Once all the dye was washed out the hair dresser asked me what way I wanted my hair cut and I swear to God I was planning on saying 'Oh just a wee trim please to get rid of the split ends' What actually came out of my mouth was 'Just chop it all off'

I genuinely think I was possessed. The hairdresser stared at me in the mirror and again I said 'Look just cut it off, it's been really annoying me recently. Maybe like a bob or something, just do what you want.' To which the hairdresser exclaimed 'I love when people say that!' And promptly set about chopping inches of my hair. I ended up with a very stylish graduated bob.

I know it's a a bit of cliche but getting a complete restyle on your barnett is actually really uplifting. I mentioned previously that I'd been in a bit of a funk the past few months, but getting all that old hair chopped off symbolised to me a new start.

However the problem with shorter hair styles is that you actually have to put effort into making them look good, there's no just shoving it in a bun when you can't be annoyed styling it.

I put my hands up I never, ever blow dry my hair. I can't. I don't know how to dry it with any sort of style I usually end up looking like Sideshow Bob. I knew I needed something that would dry my hair like the hairdresser did and a quick Amazon search brought up the Babyliss Big Hair Rotating Styler.


This hot air styler actually rotates both clockwise and counter clockwise and has two heat settings as well as a cool setting. I bought it for £37 including P&P. And hands up it has changed my life.


This is my hair if I just leave it to air dry after my shower. Frizzy and kinda curly, but not nice curly just meh. If I straighten my hair like this I'll still have all those annoying wee kinks and bumps.


Frizzy Lizzie

To use the styler I usually wait until my hair is just damp rather than soaking. I read somewhere that you hair doesn't begin to hold it's style until it's 80% dry so no point in taking ages drying it when I could be dancing about my bedroom.
I then just section it into two, top and bottom. Then just take big sections and start drying. It definitely takes a bit of getting used it. It's really easy for your hair to tangle up in styler as it rotates, I've nearly scalped myself I don't know how many times. 


And that's pretty much it, just keep going until all your hair is dry. The layers at the back of my hair are really short so I just blast them with a normal hairdryer and I'm good to go.


Tada!

Now if I was just going to work or having a lazy day I'd just leave it like this. If I'm heading out I'd give it a quick going over with the GHDs. All in all, I love my new hair. It just seems so much more slick and grown up. Yes it's a bit more work but I think it's worth it.

And I would definitely recommend the Babyliss Big Hair Rotating Styler. I think it would work for most lengths of hair apart from really short crop styles. It makes me feel like I've been to the hairdresser everyday so definitely a worth while investment.

Love
S x

No comments:

Post a Comment